Booking Terms and Conditions
Check in is at 2pm.
We use a keypad and key safe If you are arriving outside office hours (8:30am to 5pm Monday to Friday, 9am – 1pm Saturdays, 9am – 12pm Sundays). You should contact us prior to the day of your arrival for the appropriate codes to facilitate entry.
We request that you come to reception the following morning to complete your registration and provide car details for parking. This is a requirement for all guests, even if fully paid.
Check out is by 10am. Fees apply to a late check out. You should contact reception prior to your day of departure to make satisfactory arrangements.
Car Parking is provided. We have secure underground parking for 1 car per unit. You will need an apartment key to enter and exit the car park. Parking is unallocated. If you are bringing 2 or more cars the others will have to be garaged off site or street parked. Please provide the car registration number to reception in order to gain your designated car space number. A height restriction of 2 metres applies.
Hire items can be arranged by Reception. We can assist with the arrangements to hire cots, high chairs, fold-out beds, strollers etc. Please make these arrangements with reception prior to your arrival. Payment is made directly with reception. Cancellation of any hire items is required 24 hrs prior else full payment will be required.
Please note that in your apartment you will have fresh linen and towels supplied. For stays of 8 days or longer there is an included service in your stay. Initial supplies of toilet tissue, dishwashing liquid / dishwasher powder, tea, coffee and sugar are complimentry. Guests are then required to supply their own essentials. You can choose to bring these with you or we can provide directions to the nearest shops. For your convenience toilet paper and sachets of detergent may be purchased at reception.
Windsurfer Resort – Terms & Conditions
1. The terms & conditions of the holiday letting agreed to by both parties are as follows, and withdrawal from the same by you permits the owner or agent to refuse the key and amend the charge or immediately terminate the occupancy.
2. The premises are let to you for holiday purposes only.
3. If a reduced long term rate is applied to a booking and that booking is reduced in length, then the tariff will be re-calculated using the daily rate for the relevant season.
4. The premises are available from 2.00pm Qld time on the day of arrival (earlier only if available) and are to be vacated by 10.00am Qld time on the day of departure. Key must be collected from our reception and be returned to our reception. After Hours procedures are available upon request. Any late departures will incur a fee. One key per tenancy is provided & must be returned.
5. A booking that has not been confirmed by payment of a deposit within 7 days lapses. A deposit of $200.00 will confirm a booking during mid and low seasons. A deposit of $400.00 will confirm a booking in high season such as the Christmas & New Year holidays.
6. Rent for the full period of the booking must be paid by cash(AUD), money order (made payable to Windsurfer Resort), direct credit (bank details available on request), or credit card (VISA or Mastercard only) before occupancy. A Check-In registration form is required to be completed upon check in and current credit card details with the card holder’s signature are essential as a security deposit for bookings. If no credit card is held, alternative arrangements must be made with our office prior to check-in. A cash bond may be incurred for group bookings or at our discretion.
7. All bookings are made in good faith. However we are bound by any subsequent instruction received from the landlord. Whilst Windsurfer Resort will endeavour to honour all bookings, they cannot accept responsibility for instructions from landlords.
8 All units are strata titled. This means that each apartment is owned by a different person. Because of this the furnishings in each apartment vary. On our website we have displayed a photo of a typical apartment. This is neither the best apartment nor the worst. The photos are used as a guide and neither Windsurfer Resort nor the property can be responsible if your apartment does not look exactly like the photo.
Our staff will describe the premises, position and furnishings to the best of their ability and in good faith. No responsibility or refunds for alleged misdescription can be accepted.
If a Guest arrives at the property and does not like the accommodation that they have chosen, they will be eligible for the full balance owed unless it can be proven without a reasonable doubt that they did not get what was advised on their Booking Confirmation Letter or what was depicted on the website with consideration of the above.
9. When a booking is made, the deposit is accepted for the owner at that time. If the property is sold before your booking begins and it does not remain available for holiday accommodation, you will be notified, and all alternative options will be outlined. Windsurfer Resort cannot accept responsibility for decisions made by a new owner.
10. All rental rates are subject to increase without notice. Should this occur you will be notified and given the opportunity to pay the difference in tariff or receive a full refund of your deposit. Alternate accommodation will be offered if possible.
11. All properties under Windsurfer Resort management are privately owned and are rented on a fully self contained basis. In the event of faults and/or malfunctions of appliances or inclusions, there is no obligation from the owner or Windsurfer Resort to compensate or discount your accommodation.
12. At times situations arise of which we have no control. Windsurfer Resort reserves the right to move visitors to alternate accommodation (subject to availability) at their discretion or the direct instruction of the property owner. If this is the case, we will notify you as soon as possible and make every reasonable effort to make sure you are satisfied with your new address.
13. Should a tradesperson be sent out upon your request to carry out a repair that was unnecessary, the cost of the callout will be charged to you.
14. Linen is supplied which includes bed sheets, bath towels, hand towels, bath mats & tea towel. For stays of 8 days or more, a mid stay service will be provided. Beach towels are available to hire from Reception at a small charge. Please note linen must be used on all bedding.
15. Animals are strictly not allowed in or about the premises.
16. At no time during the occupancy by the tenant shall the number of persons residing overnight exceed the number of beds. Each holiday property is equipped for a specific number of guests. It is against Health Department regulations for more persons to occupy a property than there are beds to accommodate them. No mattresses, tents or caravans, or more cars than the property accommodates are allowed. If a property is reported to be overloaded, the tenants will be asked to vacate immediately with no refund made. If required, we can arrange cots for young children at an additional charge.
17. Units are quoted for family groups only and not for parties of single girls and/or boys.
18. The tenant will be responsible for any damage to the premises or loss or damage to any items in the premises including but without limiting the generality of the foregoing, furniture, kitchen utensils, crockery, cutlery and fittings and the tenant will within 7 days of a demand by Windsurfer Resort pay to Windsurfer Resort the cost of replacement or repair (at the discretion of Windsurfer Resort) of any such item damaged or lost.
19. The premises must be kept clean, additional cleaning fees apply if the unit is not left how it is found. Dishes must be washed, dried & put away, rubbish must be removed from the property and furniture must be left where found, in the property upon arrival.
20 Fish must not be cleaned on the premises. Garbage is to be placed in bins provided, not left inside the unit. Garbage bins are provided in the basement for use by tenants. Please ensure that all garbage is removed from apartment and placed in bins provided.
21. Where applicable The Body Corporate By-Laws must be observed. It is a breach of Body Corporate By-Laws to hang clothes, towels or other articles over balconies. Repairs for damages to any common property must be paid for by the person responsible for the damage.
22. One secure car-park is provided per apartment. Additional parking is located in the visitors car park or on Marine Parade.
23. Duplicate keys are not available. Tenants are liable for damage caused when doors or windows have to be forced open, or if a locksmith is called out due to keys being lost or stolen or locked inside. A charge of $250.00 applies to you if keys are lost or stolen. A specialised locksmith is required and the replacement of the keys cannot be arranged by the guest. The keys are your responsibility so please take care of them.
24. All guests are responsible for keeping the property secure during their stay and will be responsible for any theft or damage due to neglect in this area.
25. When a guest registers or an invitee of a guest enters the premises, they are deemed to be bound by these agreements.
26. No liability is accepted for any injury, debt, damage, loss, delay, expense or inconvenience caused directly or indirectly by events beyond the agent or owners control. No responsibility is taken for guests personal property left on or near the premises. It is recommended that guests take out personal property insurance or adequate travel insurance should any unexpected situations arise before or during your travel period
27. Left Items - if requested we will endeavor to recover and return items of value inadvertently left in your holiday property, but take absolutely no responsibility for their recovery or return. Postage, packaging and the cost of sending out a staff member to search for the item will need to be paid in advance; a minimum cost of $20.00 applies. Low value items found will be held for claiming for a maximum of 2 weeks and if not claimed will be disposed of.
28. All parties agree that Queensland law governs this agreement and all proceeds should be filed in a Queensland Court. Should a proceeding be filed in a court located in any other state all parties agree to have the proceedings moved to the closest court to the head office of Windsurfer Apartments
29. CANCELLATION POLICY - HOLIDAY LETTING
Windsurfer Apartments adopts the following practice when dealing with cancellation of a holiday booking.
If the booking is cancelled 28 days or more prior to the planned date of arrival, there will be a full refund less an administration fee of $50.00.
If the booking is cancelled less than 28 days prior to the planned arrival date, there will be no refund unless and until the premises are re-let for the total period of the original booking. An administration fee of $50.00 will be deducted from the deposit held before the remainder is refunded.
MID & LOW SEASON
If the booking is cancelled 14 days or more prior to the planned date of arrival, there will be a full refund less an administration fee of $50.00.
If the booking is cancelled less than 14 days prior to the planned arrival date, there will be no refund unless and until the premises are re-let for the total period of the original booking. An administration fee of $50.00 will be deducted from the deposit held before the remainder is refunded.
The administration fee covers the cost of processing the booking, receipting and banking the money, cancelling the booking from the system, drawing the refund cheque, mailing the refund cheque with a covering letter and meeting bank charges.
PLEASE READ THESE CONDITIONS CAREFULLY AS ANY DEPARTURE FROM SAME PERMITS THE OWNER OR THE AGENT TO REFUSE THE KEY, AMEND THE RENT OR IMMEDIATELY TO TERMINATE THE TENANCY AND NO REFUNDS WILL APPLY